What is Omega-3?
Omega-3 fatty acids can be obtained from wild ocean fish. It is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, mainly EPA and DHA. These two fatty acids are vital for the brain and intelligence development of human, especially for children. However, human body cannot synthesize these fatty acids and therefore they can only be obtained from diet. Some children may not obtain enough Omega -3 from diet because they resist the smell of fish oil. Therefore, taking fish oil softgel capsules may ensure sufficient intake of omega-3 fatty acids.
Omega-3 Fish Oil and Children’s Learning & Behavior
Fish oil is rich in Omega-3, which contains 2 essential fatty acids: docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Omega-3 can facilitate brain development in children, helping them concentrate and improve their behavior as well as enhancing their potential and ability.[2-3] Studies show that children deficient in Omega-3 essential fatty acids may have more behavioral problems, such as hyperactivity and learning difficulty. Therefore, adequate intake of fish oil softgel capsules would be the best choice for those children who cannot obtain enough Omega-3 essential fatty acids.
Deficiency of Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids may lead to:
- Allergies 
- Poor concentration [2-3]
- Hyperactivity [2-3]
- Excessive mood swing 
- Sleep difficulty 
- Reading problem [2-3]
Omega-3 Fish Oil may help:
- Promote learning ability [2-3]
- Improve attention and concentration [2-3]
- Improve hyperactive behavior 
- Promote memory and intelligence [2-3]
- Protect retina and support good vision 
High Quality of EPA-DHA Fish Oil
Yumega EPA-DHA Omega-3 Kids Fish Oil is made of high quality deep sea fish oil. Each softgel capsule is rich in EPA and DHA, which are essential for supporting growth of children. It is probably the best one that provides multi-nutrients for children among its counterparts.
Each softgel capsule of Yumega EPA-DHA Omega-3 Kids Fish Oil is manufactured in Australia and its manufacturing procedure is closely monitored by Australia Department of Health to assure the product quality. It is an excellent product with delicious fruit flavor and both children and adults will surely love it.
Baby and Kids below 3 years: Take 1 softgel capsule daily. Pierce or twist to open the tail of the softgel capsule. Squeeze and mix the content into drinks or food.
Kids 3 years up: chew one softgel capsule daily.
Kids 6 years up: chew two softgel capsules daily.
Kids 12 years up: chew three softgel capsules daily.
Kids can twist to open the tail of the softgel capsule. Squeeze the content directly into the mouth, or mix with milk, juice or your favorite drinks and food.
- Fats and fatty acids in human nutrition. Report of an expert consultation. FAO Food Nutr Pap. 2010;91:1-166.
- Sinn N, Milte C, Howe PR. Oiling the Brain: A Review of Randomized Controlled Trials of Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Psychopathology across the Lifespan. Nutrients. 2010;2(2):128-70.
- Richardson AJ, Ross MA. Fatty acid metabolism in neurodevelopmental disorder: a new perspective on associations between attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, dyspraxia and the autistic spectrum. Prostaglandin Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2000;63(1-2):1-9.
- Kelly GS. Bovine Colostrums: A Review of Clinical Uses. Altern Med Rev. 2003;8(4):378-94.
- Brown KH. Commentary: Zinc and child growth. Int J Epidemiol. 2003;32(6):1103-4.
- Querques G, Forte R, Souied EH. Retina and Omega-3. J Nutr Metab. 2011; 2011:748361.
Disclaimer: This product is not registered under the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance or the Chinese Medicine Ordinance. Any claim made for it has not been subject to evaluation for such registration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease.