Suitable For People Concerned about Kidney and Urinary System
As we age, deceleration of metabolic events slows down our circulation. Common symptoms include tiredness, forgetfulness, hair loss or white hair. Powey Saw Palmetto Plus Lycopene Complex consists of time-tested natural herbal ingredients, in particular lycopene. Together they hold the key to health and helps restore vitality and youth.
Lycopene – the Super Antioxidant for Youth
Lycopene is a bright red carotene that can be found naturally in tomatoes and other red fruits and vegetables and gives a red color. It is a powerful antioxidant for maintenance of good health.[1-3] In nature, it is found in high concentration in tomatoes, but it would be difficult to consume enough lycopene in a general diet to the amount adequate to support health.
Antioxidants prevent the by-products of the body’s consumption of oxygen from damaging cells. This preventive action can slow down signs of aging while helping organs operate more efficiently. Lycopene has been shown to have a possible effect on kidney protection and cardiovascular health.[4,5] It also provides hepatoprotective effect through inhibition of inflammatory cascade and amelioration of toxins.
UV radiation in sunlight and other environmental factors accelerate oxidizing reactions in cells. When our skin is exposed to sunlight, it causes free radicals to form. These free radicals could damage skin tissue and breakdown collagen, causing premature aging, which affects our look and health.[7,8] Lycopene helps to reduce UV damage to skin, and retain skin moisture and elasticity, helping us to both look and feel youthful and energetic.
Saw Palmetto Calms Your System
Saw Palmetto is a traditional herb of American Indians and has long been consumed for health and youth. Scientists early reported that saw palmetto contains special fatty acids as active ingredients. Saw palmetto is stated to possess diuretic, urinary antiseptic and endocrinological properties. Traditionally, it has been used for problems of the reproductive organs and sex hormone disorders.
Modern interest in saw palmetto is focused on its use in the treatment of symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). A two-year trial found that taking 320mg saw palmetto extract daily could improve sleep quality by regaining strength and reduce awake time at midnight.
Pumpkin Seed Oil Refreshes your Body
Pumpkin Seed Oil is a rich source of vitamins A, B, and E, linoleic acid, oleic acid, zinc, selenium, and phytosterols. Pumpkin seed is associated with diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and immune-modulatory activity. It serves multiple benefits, predominantly on the reproductive and urinary systems. It is also claimed to be beneficial for skin care.
Actions of pumpkin seed oil may also be attributed to the content of phytosterols and zinc. Zinc is an essential trace mineral. Our hair contains high concentration of zinc. Zinc plays important roles in DNA synthesis, cell division and proliferation to maintain healthy hair growth. It can complement the effects of lycopene and saw palmetto, helping you to charm and stay confident at all times.
Powey Saw Palmetto Plus Lycopene Complex may provide the following benefits:
- Help support kidney health
- Help reduce frequency to bathroom at night
- Gain control to smooth flow
- Strong antioxidant function to protect body cells
- Help improve skin condition[1,12]
- Help maintain heart and liver health[5,6]
- Important for healthy hair condition[13,15]
- Improve sperm morphology and motility in men
Recommended daily dose:
Adults take 2 softgel capsules daily or as directed by physicians.
- AbLS: Lycopene. Health Canada: Natural Health Product Ingredients Database. Available online at http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca
- S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health. Lycopene. Last reviewed: 8/12/2011. Available at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/554.html.
- Zareba P, Colaci DS, Afeiche M, Gaskins AJ, Jørgensen N et al. Semen quality in relation to antioxidant intake in a healthy male population. Fertil Steril. 2013;100(6):1572-9.
- Yang H, Xu Z, Liu W, Deng Y, Xu B. The protective role of procyanidins and lycopene against mercuric chloride renal damage in rats. Biomed Environ Sci. 2011;24(5):550-9.
- Kim JY, Paik JK, Kim OY, Park HW, Lee JH et al. Effects of Lycopene Supplementation on Oxidative Stress and Markers of Endothelial Function in Healthy Men. Atherosclerosis. 2011;215(1):189-95.
- Pinto C, Rodríguez-Galdón B, Cestero JJ, Macías P. Hepatoprotective effects of lycopene against carbon tetrachloride-induced acute liver injury in rats. J Funct Foods. 2013;5(4):1601-10.
- Fisher GJ, Datta SC, Talwar HS, Wang ZQ, Varani J et al. Molecular basis of sun-induced premature skin ageing and retinoid antagonism. Nature. 1996;379(6563):335-9.
- Fisher GJ, Kang S, Varani J, Bata-Csorgo Z, Wan Y et al. Mechanisms of photoaging and chronological skin aging. Arch Dermatol. 2002;138(11):1462-70.
- Lowe FC, Ku JC. Phytotherapy in treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a critical review. 1996;48(1):12-20.
- Saw palmetto. Herbal Medicines. Available online at http://www.medicinescomplete.com
- Champault G, Patel JC, Bonnard AM. A double-blind trial of an extract of the plant Serenoa repens in benign prostatic hyperplasia. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1984;18(3):461-2.
- Pumpkin seed. Dietary Supplements. Available online at http://www.medicinescomplete.com
- MacDonald RS. The role of zinc in growth and cell proliferation. J Nutr.2000;130(5):1500S-8S.
- Gossell-Williams M, Davis A, O’Connor N. Inhibition of testosterone-induced hyperplasia of the prostate of sprague-dawley rats by pumpkin seed oil. J Med Food. 2006;9(2):284-6.
- Chittur S, Parr B, Marcovici G. Inhibition of inflammatory gene expression in keratinocytes using a composition containing carnitine, thioctic Acid and saw palmetto extract. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2011;2011:985345.
Disclaimer: This product is not registered under the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance or the Chinese Medicine Ordinance. Any claim made for it has not been subject to evaluation for such registration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease.