Colostrum is a form of milk produced by the mammary glands of mammals early after giving birth. It is known to be rich in bioactive components which in “mature” milk are not present or present in substantially lower concentration. These components include antimicrobial compounds, growth factors, immune-regulating constituents and oligosaccharides.[1-3]
Colostrum contains antibodies called immunoglobulins such as IgA, IgG and IgM. Among them there are immunoglobulins specific to many human pathogens, including Escherichia Coli, Cryptosporidium Parvum, Shigella Flexneri, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, and Rotavirus (which causes diarrhea in infants). Colostrum, when taken as a supplement, may stimulate the production of the growth factor IgF-1.Reduced IgF-1 release has been associated with cognitive disorders and neurodegeneration during aging.[7-8]
High quality Colostrum must be certified to contain a minimum of 18% immunoglobulins. Goldconic Colostrum which contains 25% IgG could provide plenty of immunoglobulin to ensure sufficient nutrients for people.
Goldconic Colostrum is rich in growth factors, lactoferrin, lactalbumin, proline-rich polypeptides, vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Growth Factors Medical studies have shown that vital growth factors from bovine colostrum are practically identical to human colostrum in composition and promote normal cell growth and DNA synthesis. Colostrum is enriched in growth factors which stimulate the growth of normal tissues, regenerate and accelerate the repair of aged or injured muscle such as burn, rejuvenated skin, collagen, bones, cartilages and nerve tissues.
Lactoferrin is a multifunctional protein with a number of possible physiological roles. The potent iron-binding properties of lactoferrin can aid host defense as it prevents bacteria from growing and forming biofilms. It is present in body secretions which frequently serves as the first line of defense against pathogens.Research has also shown that lactoferrin could help maintain intestinal flora and enhance nutrients absorption.[11-12]
Lactalbumin is a protein present in the milk of all mammals. It is a source of essential amino acids. A human study has shown that diet enriched in lactalbumin could help improve coping and relieve stress.
Vitamins, Minerals and Amino Acids Colostrum contains vitamins C, D, B1, B6, B12, calcium, zinc, potassium and folic acid. It also contains amino acids which have antioxidant properties.
Proline-rich polypeptides are small immune signaling peptides function as signal transducing molecules that have unique effect of modulating the immune system, turning it up when the body is under attack by pathogens and damping it when danger is eliminated or neutralized.
Goldconic Colostrum may provide the following benefits:
- Support body defence [10,14-16]
- Enhance cell survival & nutrients uptake in the intestine [11-12]
- Antioxidant 
- Support body growth and tissue repair 
- Relieve stress 
- Slow down the aging process [7-8,14]
- Help rejuvenate skin and muscle tissue 
- Support healthy joint and cartilage function 
Recommended daily dose:
For Adult: Take 1 capsule 2-3 times daily with lukewarm water.
For Children aged 3 and above: Take 1 capsule 1-2 times daily with lukewarm water, or mixed with juice or milk by breaking up the capsule.
If you are allergic to milk or any dairy products, please consult your doctor before consuming High IgG Colostrum.
- Gopal PK, Gill HS. Oligosaccharides and glycoconjugates in bovine milk and colostrum. Br J Nutr 2000;84:S69-S74.
- Ginjala V, Pakkanen R. Determination of transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-beta 1) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) in bovine colostrum samples. J Immunoassay 1998;9:195-207.
- Wheeler TT, Hodgkinson AJ, Prosser CG, Davis SR. Immune components of colostrum and milk—A historical perspective. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 2007;12,:237–247.
- Stelwagen K, Carpenter E, Haigh B, Hodgkinson A, Wheeler Immune components of bovine colostrum and milk. J Anim Sci 2009;87:3-9.
- Solomons NW. Modulation of the immune system and the response against pathogens with bovine colostrum concentrates. Eur J Clin Nutr2002;56 Suppl 3:S24-8.
- Kelly GS. Bovine Colostrums: A Review of Clinical Uses. Altern Med Rev 2003;8(4):378-394.
- Gómez JM, Maravall FJ, Gómez N, Navarro MA, Casamitjana R, Soler J. The IGF-I system component concentrations that decrease with ageing are lower in obesity in relationship to body mass index and body fat. Growth Horm IGF Res 2004;14(2):91-6.
- Vargas T, Martinez-Garcia A, Antequera D, Vilella E, Clarimon J et al. IGF-Igene variability is associated with an increased risk for AD. Neurobiol Aging 2011;32(3):556.e3-11.
- Weber CE, Li NY, Wai PY, Kuo PC. Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition, TGF-β, and Osteopontin in Wound Healing and Tissue Remodeling After Injury. J Burn Care Res 2012;33(3):311-8.
- Vogel HJ. Lactoferrin, a bird’s eye view. Biochem Cell Biol.Published on the web 27 April 2012, 10.1139/o2012-016.
- Hu W, Zhao J, Wang J, Yu T, Wang J, Li N. Transgenic milk containing recombinant human lactoferrin modulates the intestinal flora in piglets. Biochem Cell Biol. Published on the web 8 Mar 2012, 10.1139/o2012-003.
- Blättler U, Hammon HM, Morel C, Philipona C, Rauprich A et al. Feeding colostrum, its composition and feeding duration variably modify proliferation and morphology of the intestine and digestive enzyme activities of neonatal calves. J Nutr 2001;131(4):1256-63.
- Markus CR, Olivier B, Panhuysen GE, Van Der Gugten J, Alles MS et al. The bovine protein alpha-lactalbumin increases the plasma ratio of tryptophan to the other large neutral amino acids, and in vulnerable subjects raises brain serotonin activity, reduces cortisol concentration, and improves mood understress. Am J Clin Nutr 2000;71(6):1536-44.
- Przybylska J, Albera E, Kankofer M. Antioxidants in bovine colostrum. Reprod Domest Anim 2007;42(4):402-9.
- Janusz M, Zabłocka A. Colostral proline-rich polypeptides–immunoregulatory properties and prospects of therapeutic use in Alzheimer’s disease. Curr Alzheimer Res 2010;7(4):323-33.
- Jensen GS, Patel D, Benson KF. A novel extract from bovine colostrum whey supports innate immune functions. II.Rapid changes in cellular immune function in humans. Prev Med 2012;54:S124–S129.
Disclaimer: This product is not registered under the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance or the Chinese Medicine Ordinance. Any claim made for it has not been subject to evaluation for such registration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease.
Vitamins For Life
248 Wagner Street,
Middlesex, NJ 08846,