Vitamin C is the most unstable of all vitamins
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin. It is very unstable and cannot be stored in our body for a long period of time. Normally, we can obtain vitamin C from citrus fruits and leafy vegetables. However, due to instability, it can easily be destroyed by heat, light and exposure to air. Although vitamin C can be absorbed through diet, it is also excreted in a short period of time.[1-3] Therefore, most vitamin C supplements in the market are unable to provide optimal benefit to us.
Characteristics of Vitamin C Time Release Formula
Vitamin C time release tablets slowly release vitamin C throughout an eight-hour period and help enhance absorption of the vitamin. This supplement is specially formulated to maintain steady level of vitamin C in our blood. It also helps to provide vitamin C to our body constantly throughout the day and protects us against damage by sunlight and pollutants.[1-5]
Why do we need to take Vitamin C Time Release Tablets?
Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) is essential for the formation and maintenance of collagen. It helps to bind connective tissue cells together. Vitamin C also promotes iron movement and absorption, enhances folic acid and body metabolism.[1-7] It strengthens and maintain our bones, teeth and gums as well.[1-7] Vitamin C is an antioxidant which neutralizes free radicals and prevents their oxidative damage. This effect can help to prevent wrinkles and other health problems. [1-5]
Importance of Vitamin C
- Help to reduce fatigue induced by flu [1-4,6,8]
- Help to relieve skin, rhino and bronchial allergy caused by susceptible allergens[1-5]
- Protect and strengthen capillaries and connective tissues, prevent gum bleeding and skin bruise[1-4]
- Promote healthy bone growth in children, enhance their immune system and learning ability[1-4,8]
- Involve in collagen synthesis which promote wound healing especially aftercosmetic surgery and burn[1-5,8]
- Help to reduce iron deficiency anemia, scurvy, gums become swollen, periodontal disease, and bleeding that may occur under the skin (bruises) [1-6]
- Act as an antioxidant and help to prevent damage from sunlight (UV radiation) and free radical oxidation which may lead to acceleration of the aging process 
- Maintain good appetite and healthy gastrointestinal and digestion system 
- Promote the metabolism of amino acids, such as tyrosine and tryptophan 
Recommended daily dose:
For adults and children age of 12 years and up take 1-2 tablets daily or as recommended by physicians.
- Mandl J, Szarka A, Bánhegyi G. Vitamin C: update on physiology and pharmacology. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;157(7):1097-110.
- Naidu KA. Vitamin C in human health and disease is still a mystery? An Overview. Nutr J. 2003 Aug 21;2:7.
- Scientific Abstracts: Comprehensive Nutrient Review: Vitamin C Overview. Life Extension. http://www.lef.org/abstracts/codex/vitamin_c_index.htm.
- Padayatty SJ, Katz A, Wang Y, Eck P, Kwon O et al. Vitamin C as an antioxidant: evaluation of its role in disease prevention. J Am Coll Nutr. 2003;22(1):18-35.
- Poljšak B, Dahmane R. Free radicals and extrinsic skin aging. Dermatol Res Pract. 2012 Feb 29, doi: 10.1155/2012/135206.
- Cook JD, Monsen ER (1977) Vitamin C, the common cold, and iron absorption. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 30(2): 235-41.
- Waters AH, Mollin DL. Studies on the folic acid activity of human serum. J Clin Pathol. 1961;14:335-44.
- Ely JT. Ascorbic acid role in containment of the world avian flu pandemic. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2007;232(7):847-51.
- Perales S, Barberá R, Lagarda MJ, Farré R. Antioxidant capacity of infant fruit beverages: influence of storage and in vitro gastrointestinal digestion. Nutr Hosp. 2008;23(6):547-53.
- Stone KJ and Townsley The effect of l-ascorbate on catecholamine biosynthesis (Short Communication). Biochem J. 1973;131(3):611-3.